Friday, December 11, 2009

Papercraft!

I've found a new obsession; Papercraft. I've made two models in the past two weeks, and already, I have big plans for my next one. I'm absolutely smitten by this new hobby, so much so that it probably isn't good for me. I don't know why spending hours upon hours cutting tiny little strips of paper and gluing them together brings me so much joy and deep satisfaction, but it does. I guess the payoff is worth it, when you can have a nice looking statue that you can actually touch after you're finished.

That sounded dirty.

Anyway, here are some pics:




Yoda. This little guy's nose was ridiculously tiny. You wouldn't believe how nerve-wracking it was to make all those tiny little folds, using only two x-acto blades. I don't think I'm gonna make a tiny model like this one again. You can see my wife's finger there holding my cellphone up to it to show the tiny scale. The freakin' thing is tiny.




Here's the back view. Did I mention he's tiny?



The pdo for this model can be found here, if you're familiar with Pepakura and papercraft. If not, I suggest you click here. Other Star Wars characters are also available here.



Shadow the hedgehog was my first build, before I did Yoda. I'll probably do Sonic before too long. You don't need Pepakura for these, you can just print out the PDF files and off you go. They're in japanese, though. My wife did the hello kitty one.




More back views...




More to come...

No comments: